Thursday, April 09, 2009

Success, a small victory

It pays to persevere.
Tonight I found another downtown Indianapolis bar that carries CenterIce. I almost stayed there, but I felt some loyalty to another bar I frequent.
So while the one bar was showing the Frozen Four and also promised to show the Red Wings - Predators game, I headed to what I call Indy's hockey oasis.
No hockey on when I got there. Yet, almost immediately after I entered the establishment I got the Frozen Four on, even though the four-letter broadcasted the games. Also, as soon as I walked in the bartender said, "I already got the Wings game lined up for ya."
That's what I'm talking about! That's the way to do it!!
It helps that I'm decked out in Wings gear, the bartender is a hockey fan and that the manager is from Detroit.
After a golf tournament is over, the bartender changes all the TVs to a hockey game - the Rangers game, the Islanders game and the Sabres game.
"Is the Masters on?" one patron asks. "Nope, it's over," says the bartender.
I'm thinking ... you're thinking about golf when hockey is on!? Idiot!
Anyway, all downstairs TVs except one, which shows music videos, has a hockey game on it.
Fifteen TVs and 14 showing hockey!!
That's what I'm talking about! That's the way to do it!!
And while I was depressed while reading some hockey columns yesterday, I'm not tonight.
Tonight I have hope.
There's nothing sweeter in any sport than when your hockey team scores - when you see the team you're rooting for put the puck into the back of the net.
Nothing.

No comments: