Friday, March 14, 2008

ESPN Boycott Day 2

Note: Still a day behind. As I noted in yesterday's blog entry, I'm traveling and the Internet at my hotel leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes slow Internet service is worse than none at all. It's tempting, yet leaves an unsatisfactory feeling. So even when at times I have four bars of signal strength sometimes pages still time out. So that's why I'm still a day behind.
Anyway I woke up and was running a bit late. Didn't turn on the TV to check scores. Instead I checked the complimentary paper. Plus I get the TSN.ca hockey scores sent in my e-mail. My work gave me a BlackBerry, and I was able to check all the NHL scores that way.
Didn't miss anything really. It would have been nice to see the college basketball highlights, if there were any. I know the big conferences started today, so I might have missed some mid-majors. The NBA I couldn't care less about, and baseball hasn't started yet.
When I came back to the room, I finally checked to see what sports stations this hotel has. It wasn't good news for me - all ESPN ones. Would've liked to have watched some of the conferences tournaments, but I'm sticking to my guns.
So I had a dinner function to attend. All the TVs there were tuned to ESPN2 and the conference tournaments. I glanced from time to time, big plasma screens are hard to ignore, but mostly I socialized.
Besides what I care most about is hockey and it's not like ESPN highlights that anyway.

No comments: