Friday, April 11, 2008

I did it again

Last night I visited a different Buffalo Wild Wings than the one I usually visit. I called the south-side one, and they said they don't get theFSN Detroit feed. So I'm guessing they just have the baseball package.
So at this B-dubs amazingly hockey, the Frozen Four, was on at least two of the TVs. I got there early before the Red Wings game started. I picked my place at the bar, and said that TV needs to be changed to the Red Wings - Predators game. It was on the Masters, which was also on the big projection screen in the center of the bar. So it's not like somebody would miss out on that TV being changed.
Anyway the bartender a bit later informs me it's programed to change to Versus at seven. Sweet. They knew of Versus. At seven it didn't automatically switch. I didn't think it would, but you never know.
So I order my Canadian and am ready for Detroit Red Wings hockey!
In the first, at least until Johan Franzen's goal, I was worried a bit. The Wings looked extremely flat. The Predators came out strong and took it to the Wings with most of the play occurring in Detroit's defensive zone. Finally in the third things turned around with a lucky bounce or a bad non-call depending on your point of view.
Game 2 will probably be tougher for the Wings.
Anyway by the end of the game, at least three TVs, including a large projection one, were showing the Wings - Predators game. Johnny Hockeyseed strikes again!
.

No comments: