Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Inconsistencies

Anybody watching or listening to the Red Wings - Blackhawks game tonight?
I ask because this game represents a classic example of referee inconsistencies.
In the first period Patrick Sharp hit Brian Rafalski. I thought it was a clean hit, but Rafalski took exception to it. So off goes the Detroit defenseman.
About 15 seconds later, Chris Chelios repeatedly cross checked Patrick Kane. Repeatedly. I'm no expert, but I would've called a penalty too. Chelios, needless to say, didn't think it should have been a penalty.
So I mention this because on Sunday Sidney Crosby repeatedly, REPEATEDLY, cross-checked Martin Straka. The refs didn't call a penalty, even though they were in viewing distance.
Double standard!
I hate it.
Hawks up 5-2. I'm not liking that either.

No comments: