Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I did that

To be honest central Indiana, CenIn, isn't much better than southern Indiana, SoIn, when it comes to hockey viewing.
Indianapolis has the Ice, but that's probably a very small fraction of the populous here in basketball-land.
Tonight, the start of the 2008 NHL playoff I visited the southside Buffalo Wild Wings. I love that place. One, they serve Molson Canadian, on tap!. Two, they change the station to hockey games for me.
Previously when I've been there I watched games on NBC. Tonight I went there for the reasons stated above. Walking in I was surprised to see hockey on two different screens. I didn't get much play at one end of the bar, close to a hockey screen, but far from ideal. So I moved to the other end. I watched for a bit and realized it was the NHL Network and not Versus.
"Can you change this screen to Versus?" I asked pointing to one of the TVs near me.
"What's that?" asked the bartender.
"What are looking for?" asked the manager.
"I'm looking for the Penguins - Ottawa game," I said.
OK, this is B-dubs. They should know what Versus is. It's freaking Indianapolis! Sheesh!!
Anyway, after trying the FSN Pittsburgh feed, which they don't get, the manager finds the Versus feed for me.
I'm happy!
Previously, only the NHL Network was on and most there were watching either the Cubs game or the Tigers game. When I left at the end of the second period, the Versus game was on at least three different screens, one that was a huge projection screen. I did that. I was a result of that change. Just call me Johnny Hockeyseed.

So yeah, the Tigers - Red Sox game was on at B-dubs, and it was the FSN Detroit feed. So tomorrow that might be the place to watch the Red Wings - Predators game. Will Indy receive the FSN Detroit feed when the Wings are playing? I hope so.
By the way, the Senators seem lifeless. This could be a sweep unless the Sens find something that will motivate them.

No comments: