Friday, October 10, 2008

Banner raised

Well the Red Wings raised their 11th Stanley Cup championship banner Thursday.
Then they lost to the Toronto Maple Leafs, 3-2.
Pretty decent shot from the last row of The Joe Louis Arena.

IMG_1673_edit

Anyway I still had a good time. Would've been better had the Wings won.

Some notes from the game ...
There was a goodly amount of boisterous Leafs fans.
The last time the Wings raised a Cup banner, they lost to the Montreal Canadiens, 3-2.
Karen Newman did a great job with both anthems. I really enjoy going to a game where I can hear both.
It was cool seeing an Original 6 match-up, especially between the two rivals. It might be my first time seeing an Original 6 game at The Joe.
I remain convinced that JLA is the best arena in League to see a game. I was in the last row, and yet my view was still amazing.

Hockeytown Cafe was rockin before the game.

IMG_1643

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the great update. The photos are great too. Takes me home. I watched from a couch in Colorado. Alone. It was just so un-natural for me. I know I'll get the best info from you though.
Go Wings!!