Thursday, October 02, 2008

NHL Fan Connect updates

While for the most part I'm digging the updates the the NHL.com website, I have no love for the updates at NHL Fan Connect, http://fans.nhl.com/

Anybody else a member there? If so what are your thoughts about the updates?
Here's a list of some of my problems there.

When logging into Fan Connect using Safari I tried tabbing over to the Password box. I couldn't. I had to use my mouse. Typically "tab" will work; it does using Firefox.

My username shows up in many places as all caps. It's meant to be all lowercase. Please stop screaming at me.

My blog titles are also all caps. I don't want to be screaming at other people. On some occasion I might use all caps to emphasize a word in a title. With NHL defaulting my titles to all caps, I can't.

The page on which one posts a new blog entry is far too cumbersome. The box is way, way too small to be effective. Sometimes html coding works correctly, sometimes it doesn't. It seems haphazard.

In the old style of NHL Connect I could access everything - photos, friends, blog - from almost any page. With the re-design I can't. I'm forced to always go back to my profile first, then to friends, messages, blog, etc. In a word, cumbersome.

No comments: