Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Indy's hockey oasis

Well yesterday I wrote I was going to listen to the game. I didn't. But I did something better. I watched the game. In Indiana!

Last night was a big sports night for me with the World Series, the Colts and the Red Wings game. I had originally planned to visit my favorite local pub to catch the first few innings and couple of quarters. Then head home to listen to the game online.
Instead of taking a taxi home. I headed to Hard Rock. ChaCha told me Hard Rock had Center Ice. It doesn't. So still hoping I could watch, I headed to Jillians.
"Can I help you?" the hostess asked.
"Depends, do you guys have Center Ice?"
Get the usual "what's that?" I explain it to her, and she said she'd check with a manager.
"What game you want to see?" he asked. I'm surprised he couldn't tell, as I was wearing a Red Wings jacket and cap.
"Red Wing - Kings."
"Oh yeah, I think we got that."
Wow, just wow. I was dumbfounded.
He put the game on for me, and I was in paradise.

So that's how I was able to see the game in Indy. Amazing.
Ironically enough the Kings pre-game show featured Jack Johnson. Sadly, since the Colts were playing, I couldn't hear it.
I bet I was the only person there who knew Johnson was born in Indianapolis.

No comments: